https://www.rightsolution.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Right-Solution-Banner-padded.png 0 0 Sally Greenhill https://www.rightsolution.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Right-Solution-Banner-padded.png Sally Greenhill2010-03-11 09:32:492010-03-11 09:43:00A Charter for Responsible Meetings
We are passionate about meetings not only being fruitful and productive but also that they should be carried out with a level of responsibility that extends outside the four walls that they are held within.
- Commitment to ensure my organisation is as environmentally responsible as possible.
- Appoint an environmental champion in my organisation to encourage and motivate everyone’s commitment.
- Promote and educate all in environmental responsibility both within my organisation and the wider meetings industry.
- Give preference to venues and suppliers that demonstrate equal commitment to sustainability or environmental responsibility.
- Commit to the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact
- Allocate a percentage of funds/resources for all groups and events to local projects in host destinations that will benefit the local population, such as schools, water treatment, vital infrastructure.
- Commit to encouraging all groups and events taking place in host countries to allocate time to helping with local projects either educational, social or infrastructure.
- Commit to allocation of 4 days a year as advisors to development of meetings and events tourism for emerging markets.
- Commit when and where possible to use local staff, suppliers and hotels where a significant proportion of the revenue remains in the destination/country.
- Commit to Fair Trade.