BMEIS 16/17 is now available, invaluable insights from interviews with nearly 500 British event organisers showing yearly trends of preferences for destinations and venues.
A snapshot of results:
- Volume of events back closer to 2014 levels after reductions last year
- 34% of corporates and 30% of associations expecting to organise more events in next 12 months
- Average number of delegates at main event -276 for corporates and 384 for associations (down on last year)
- Slight increases in average budgeted daily delegate rates to £57.38 for corporates and £48.93 for associations
- Less than 2% budget changes anticipated for next 12 months
- Percentage of events with third party assistance has reduced
- Most used UK cities London, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh and Leeds
- Most popular European country for overseas events is Germany
- Single most important factor affecting events is costs/budgets
- Challenges in dealing with suppliers: costs and service.
To get a copy of the full report www.meetpie.com/bmeis
You cannot write a business plan without this data.